Professor & Chair, Department of Physical Therapy
Job no: 493190
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) at Seton Hall University invites innovative and progressive leaders to apply for an open-rank, twelve-month Chair position in the Department of Physical Therapy beginning July 1, 2018. The department’s diverse and successful academic and clinical faculty, contemporary three-year Doctor of Physical Therapy curriculum, growing research footprint, strong connections with other programs in the school, and the move to a new Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) Campus will collectively support the chair in leading the program and school to achieve its mission, vision, and goals.
The School of Health and Medical Sciences at Seton Hall University has a significant national presence in health science education. In response to a changing healthcare environment, the School has assumed a leadership role in offering high quality, innovative programs at the master’s and doctoral levels and offers opportunities for collaborative research, teaching, and grantsmanship across a number of disciplines. The School of Health and Medical Sciences will be moving to a new home in 2018 as part of Seton Hall’s Interprofessional Health Sciences (IHS) Campus in Nutley/Clifton, NJ. The most up-to-date information about this exciting chapter in our history can be found here: http://www.shu.edu/interprofessional-health-sciences-campus.cfm
Salary and benefits are extremely competitive and include full tuition remission for spouses and eligible dependents. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of equal opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community. Seton Hall University encourages applications from individuals who represent a broad spectrum of backgrounds and, in particular, welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentorship, supervision, and evaluation of faculty.
- Recruit and recommend to the Dean the hiring of adjunct faculty.
- Direct the activities of departmental clerical staff.
- Develop and maintain an annual departmental budget.
- Encourage and facilitate faculty research, effective teaching, and University/community service.
- Prepare material for accreditation or re-accreditation, catalogs and other official documents, as required.
- Perform such other duties as are necessary for the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Conduct research, and service to the University, community, and profession.
- Prior experience in higher education administration, assessment, and accreditation, an academic doctorate (PhD, EdD or equivalent)
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time academic teaching and research experience, licensed or be eligible for NJ State PT licensure, and strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to work effectively in an inter-professional environment.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references. The cover letter should address the applicant’s qualifications for the position including his/her administrative and leadership style, CAPTE accreditation experience, scholarship agenda, and his/her philosophy on faculty and student mentorship, assessment, and teaching. After the initial screening, candidates may be subsequently asked to supply additional materials. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend