Problem Based Learning (PBL) Director
Job no: 493176
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange, Interprofessional Health Sciences
The PBL Director will oversee the design and delivery of Problem Based Learning (PBL) curriculum within the integrated case-based curriculum at the School of Medicine. The SOM PBL curriculum is a weekly component of the pre-clerkship (Phase 1) curriculum. All weeks within Phase 1 will be framed by a weekly patient-presentation which will (1) scaffold all content taught (from the Biomedical, Behavioral, Social, and Health Systems Sciences) within the week; (2) include the self-directed learning curriculum; and (3) anchor instruction in clinical reasoning. This position is 50% of a full time effort, to be complemented by clinical practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with SOM faculty to write, revise and implement the PBL curriculum throughout the Phase 1 curriculum.
- Ensuring PBL cases available in the curriculum are appropriate and are linked across the integrated case-based curriculum.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluation a cohort of PBL facilitators, who will lead small group sessions to deliver the PBL curriculum
- Creation of faculty development initiatives related to PBL facilitation
- Conducting and supporting faculty in scholarship related to educational research
- Higher education experience and leadership
- Diverse experience with active learning pedagogies, including Team-based learning and large group active learning
- Experience in LCME accreditation activities and development of new medical schools.
- Development of new medical schools/programs
Licenses and Certificates:
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Seton Hall University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sex.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend