Curriculum Committee Administrator
Job no: 493171
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Administrator is responsible for all aspects of administrative support for the curriculum committee (the Medical Education Committee), its standing subcommittees, and ad hoc committees as needed. The Medical Education Committee is responsible for the design, implementation, assessment and enhancement of all phases of the curriculum as well as institutional quality improvement initiatives. The Administrator will assist the Medical Education Committee members, and members of the each of the four subcommittees by scheduling meetings, taking minutes, creating agendas, managing invitations and overall support of the committee process. The Administrator will also support the Associate Dean of Medical Education in institutional quality initiatives and the implementation of the curriculum management plan.
The Administrator will work closely with faculty to operationalize the Curriculum Management Plan and all aspects of the Medical Education Committee process. The Administrator will support the Medical Education Committee and its subcommittees, and will assist and support the Institutional Quality Improvement (IQI) Subcommittee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating administrative processes for the implementation of the Curriculum Management Plan- in all its phases. Operationalizing the entirety of the curriculum management plan which will provide for any changes within the curriculum, any quality improvement activities, and all changes that will occur throughout the medical education enterprise at the institution level
- Supports the Medical Education Committee and its four standing subcommittees-works with faculty on creating agendas, maintaining voting members and creating voting process. Creating proposals, completing research, bench-marking, metric and goal setting for the committee and its members, creation of long range strategic operations plan.
- Creating presentations for the Medical Education Committee; originating information, creating plan and proposals for voting, liaising with HMH department chairs on committee issues.
- Maintaining calendar for all curriculum committee events, meetings and sessions. Performs administrative support functions to support the meetings; including writing minutes, collecting agenda items, sending calendar invitations, and collecting any materials necessary for the conduct of the meetings
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education coordinator or other related area.
- One - three years of experience with administrative processes and supporting high level institutional committees.
- Experience in relevant area(s) including administrative support processes in higher education, collaboration data collection, analysis, interpretation and/or medical school program evaluation
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend