Legal Assistant to the Dean
Job no: 493151
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The responsibility of the Legal Assistant to the Dean is to serve as first line respondent or liaison to all Law School and outside constituents on behalf of the Dean, including, but not limited to, University personnel, faculty students, academics, local and statewide government officials, alumni and the legal community at large. The Legal Assistant must make appropriate decisions in multiple and occasionally emergent situations while maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and remaining mindful of time sensitivity. The Paralegal must possess a working knowledge of all areas within the Law School and maintain a professional relationship with the organizations with which the Dean is involved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance and secretarial support to the Dean of the Law School.
- Compose effective correspondence, charts, tables, graphs, spreadsheets, summaries and reports, proposals and recommendations and other written materials. Compile and analyze records, and descriptive information from forms, applications, spreadsheets, and other materials.
- Receive and respond to inquiries involving complex and sensitive issues which directly impact students, operations and activities.
- Interpret division and organization policies and procedures and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Analyze, interpret data and prepare reports.
- Verify the accuracy and completeness of various reports, i.e., admissions, budget, ABA reports, etc.
- Compose, format, finalize, interpret, distribute, research, compile, calculate, analyze, process and maintain data in various forms using a variety of office equipment and software applications, including spreadsheets and databases.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Use comprehensive knowledge of policies, practices, and procedures in coordinating administrative support functions.
- Type, proofread and review a variety of documents and forms and identify discrepancies.
- Compile information and data for statistical and financial reports; maintain a variety of statistical records; check and tabulate statistical data.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 to 5 years of Higher Education experience
- Paralegal certificate required.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 11/29/2017 through 12/05/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend