Faculty Associate, College of Communication & Arts
Job no: 493150
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Seton Hall University Public Relations Program invites applications for a Faculty Associate position (full-time, renewable, non-tenure-track) in the Department of Communication, Journalism and Public Relations beginning in the Fall 2018 semester. The normal course load for the position is 15 credits (five classes) per semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and mentor students across the Public Relations curriculum from introductory to upper-level courses, including the possibility of teaching graduate-level courses.
- Provide insight and expertise from current Public Relations activity in the field.
- Oversee credit-bearing, co-curricular courses such as Internships, PRSSA Bateman National Case Study Competition teams, or the Communication Honors Alumni Mentoring Program (CHAMP).
- Serve as a Faculty Advisor for student groups such as Seton Hall’s PRSSA Chapter and Litore Agency.
- Participate in Program, Department, College, and University service activities including advising.
Other related duties as assigned or needed, such as attendance at admissions and recruitment events.
- Applicants must possess a Master’s Degree.
- Faculty must be actively engaged in the Public Relations field and with other professionals.
- Minimum of five years of direct Public Relations practice experience
- Prior higher education teaching experience and online/hybrid instruction is helpful.
- Experience in Public Relations curriculum design and evaluation
- APR Certification
- General classroom environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vita with statement of teaching philosophy, a writing-based portfolio sample, and the names of three persons who can provide professional references. Transcript(s) indicating receipt of all noted degrees will need to be provided prior to contract execution.
- Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position closes on January 12, 2018. Apply at http://www.shu.edu/human-resources/employment/index.cfm.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend