Director, Administrative Services
Job no: 493148
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Manage and ensure proper administration of all facets of the University’s business affairs, auxiliary operations and support services for the main campus and support the Law School location. Manage budget and personnel to effectively plan projects and accomplish goals that support the University’s mission. This includes, but is not limited to the following areas; Food Services, Housekeeping, University Bookstore, Mail Room, Print Shop, Laundry Services, Cable Television, Door Mats, Real Estate Taxes, Insurance, Antennae Leasing, and Food Vending. Oversee contract approval process for all departments including developing vendor bidding policies and drafting and implementing formal requests for proposals for various campus services
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the management of day to day operations of campus auxiliary services, ensuring quality services are being provided to the campus community. Manage budget responsibilities for operating expense accounts and revenue accounts. Identify new value added services for the University and areas to increase revenue streams.
- Work with various departments to ensure proper contract review, approval and routing process. Design requests for proposals and negotiate business decisions to best support ongoing campus operations.
- Assist in managing and maintaining the University's insurance portfolio including budgeting, gathering data and making recommendations on insurance products, premiums, and retention after evaluating insurance products offered.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5 or more years of management experience with support services.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience in higher education a plus.
- Vision/hearing- often Standing, walking- sometime; exposure to all weather conditions- sometimes; Heavy lifting/carrying & exposure to hazardous materials- occasionally
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend