Guest Relations Specialist
Job no: 493145
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The primary duty is to serve and assist visitors in a welcoming atmosphere by identifying and assessing their needs to ensure superior satisfaction during their visit. This position will act as the liaison between our visitors and the office of admissions. This position welcomes all guests in a timely, positive, professional manner, in person and via phone, answers general questions, provides information, determines best solutions to solve requests and directs people where to go for further assistance. This position must have excellent customer skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, determine best solutions, and respect confidential and sensitive information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all visitors receive prompt and courteous service. Greet, welcome and engage all in a timely, professional manor to facilitate a positive experience. Have guests sign in if needed and direct to appropriate office and person.
- Register guests for information sessions, tours, and interviews, correct and update student information in database as needed. Contact students regarding event reminders and with follow-up information.
- Answer general incoming calls and emails from the hall providing basic and accurate information including application status, and forward emails and calls as appropriate. Return voice mails. Perform general data entry, coding, scanning, indexing and data entry of items into Banner or Slate and other databases as assigned. Assist with Axiom verification and check for faxes.Stuff folders, envelopes and process mail as assigned. Prepare check-in sheets, and code attendees. Generate weekly guest reports.
- Set up lobby for special events and daily tours, keep materials in the lobby and tour room presentable, organized, and well stocked with coffee and snacks, and the space neat, tidy and safe. Order snacks, coffee, supplies and materials for tour room and reception area.
- Assist with scheduling rooms and setting up alternate locations for group tours and other campus events. Ensure videos and multimedia displays run every day. Attend mandatory training.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Professional and welcoming attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Articulate and able to speak in front of small groups
- Proven customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Experience managing multiple calendars and appointments
- Strong problem solving skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Prior experience in a customer relations/customer service environment a plus
- Experience with data entry, scanning and database systems preferred
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 11/16/2017 to 11/22/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend