General Maintenance Mechanic - IHSC Nutley
Job no: 493141
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The General Maintenance Mechanic performs routine maintenance and minor repairs in selected buildings on campus. The majority of daily work will be in the electrical and plumbing trades but there are other tasks in painting, masonry, carpentry, heating, and cooling.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and replaces faucets, sinks, showers, urinals, toilets, pumps, valves, water lines and unclogs sanitary drains. Replaces and cleans air filters. Removes and recycles refrigerant from small A/C units. Prepares estimates and bills of materials for tasks. Orders material for the tasks.
- Repairs, install, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, panels, and fixtures using hand tools and electrical testing equipment. Repairs lighting fixtures, replaces lens covers, and replaces batteries in smoke detectors.
- Repairs and replaces window screens, window balancers, peep holes, and ceiling tiles. Mounts pictures, bulletin boards, plaques, and clocks. Sweeps, vacuums, and cleans up all work areas after completion of the work tasks.
- Retrieves lost articles on the roof or in the elevator shafts, sink drains, and commodes. Sweeps, vacuums, and cleans up work areas after completion of tasks. Maintains common areas of the buildings in a clean and working order.
- Performs all work in accordance with safety policies and procedures. Recognizes danger and safety hazards and propose methods to eliminate them.
- GED or High School Diploma is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in maintenance or construction is required
- Must be able to lift 50lbs as well as being able to climb and work off ladders, scaffolds and lifts.
- Must be an independent worker as well as a team player.
- Must be available to work overtime, holidays and off shift hours. As well as being available to provide off hours on call coverage. Excellent communication skills– both oral and written.
- Performs all work in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as well as climb and work off of ladders, scaffolds, and lifts.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend