Associate Director Annual Giving, Student Groups & Online Giving
Job no: 493138
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
This position handles all aspects of managing the University's phonathon program,continuing the momentum that is currently in place. The role encompasses all aspects of running a successful phonathon program; supervising and hiring callers, developing all materials associated with phonathon (marketing materials and internal materials), following the schedule of pledge reminders and developing new ideas to increase the dollar amount and donor count that is brought in through the phonathon. Also, incumbent will handle all aspects of student philanthropy, with focus on the Senior Class Gift, working in conjunction with Alumni Relations and the Student Alumni Association. In addition, position is responsible for building current donor base by securing gifts through crowdfunding, Giving Days, social media and e based channels, with particular focus on graduates of the last 10 years. Finally, as an integral member of the Office of Annual Giving, this position will include writing, designing and generating communications to be used across multiple platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The main focus of this position is running the phonathon day-to-day. Phonathon is the largest personalized appeal Seton Hall University conducts. Students phone over 25,000 Alumni, Parents and Friends of the University to raise funds. The Assistant Director manages daily operations of phonathon and supervises calling shifts from September to December and January through May. Each calling shift requires equipment set-up and breakdown. Managing the recruitment, hiring, training, motivating, terminating, and progress of the student callers. Being able to teach students to build rapport with donors as well as handling objections and working on fundraising successfully and comfortably is required.
- Manage a coordinated annual calendar of solicitations via direct mail, phonathon, e-solicitations, social media and crowdfunding. The primary focus of these efforts will be on young alumni who graduated over the last 10 years, and students, with a heavy emphasis on seniors. Manage letter copy, design and data, working in conjunction with University Advancement colleagues. The focus should be to sustain and create new donors to the University.
- Marketing, reporting and segmenting - This position writes pre-call letters, scripts for calling and training materials and developing new means of marketing for phonathon. Together with the Director Annual Giving, aligns marketing appeals, mailing, etc, with the phonathon schedule and is responsible for reporting data related to phonathon, making decisions about segmenting, running/uploading/editing lists of those segments as needed.
- Coordinate all University Giving Days and other crowdfunding initiatives to secure new donors to the University. Market these Giving Days with help from University Advancement colleagues. Help implement new initiatives through crowdfunding platform, and develop new channels to reach alumni audiences that do not typically give through traditional methods.
- Bachelors Degree plus a minimum of 1 year prior professional experience in higher education or a non-profit position is required.
- Drivers license required.
- Having prior experience or knowledge of a phonathon and the intricacies related to running a successful program, knowledge or experience with crowdfunding also preferred.
- General Office Environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide contact information for at least three professional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend