Graduate Affairs Information Director
Job no: 493134
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University is seeking candidates for the position of Graduate Enrollment Information Director. Reporting to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs, this position will assist with the general coordination of all graduate enrollment and recruitment efforts by providing critical strategic leadership where technology, data, reporting, and digital communications are concerned. The successful candidate will manage integration of various information systems and help to transform a broad array of institutional data into strategic and actionable information.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Collaborate with key stakeholders, administrative colleagues across all academic and non-academic units, and members of the faculty to meet and exceed annual enrollment goals at the graduate level.
- Ensure that key campus constituents have access to critical graduate enrollment data and are able to maximize existing technologies to improve the prospective graduate student experience.
- Provide training and support to Academic Affairs related to the use of critical technologies
- Provide leadership and support in advancing the University's graduate recruitment, enrollment and reporting goals.
- Collect appropriate data, and provide effective analyses, to formulate decisions supporting strategies to meet enrollment goals.
Provide tactical and logistical support for the anticipated implementation, and eventual management, of a new Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Import prospective student data from vendor-provided data sources and resolve data errors.
- Develop application acknowledgment and initial communication regarding missing application materials.
- Manage data exchanges with vendors, including adjustments to meet provided specifications.
Leverage enrollment data, systems, and electronic media in the recruitment of graduate students (i.e. web portals, social media, e-blasts, blogs, chats, etc.)
- In consultation with the Office of Web and Digital Media, assist with the creation and maintenance of a social media presence for the Office of Graduate Affairs, attending to updates and management.
Conduct benchmark and research analyses regarding market and graduate-related trends.
- Ability to conduct new academic program and market viability analyses by leveraging various internal and external data sources, such as Burning Glass, Educational Advisory Board, IPEDS, Bureau of Labor Statistics, and so forth.
- Assist with the identification, execution, and assessment of student recruiting events, including information sessions both on and off campus, as well as the Graduate Open House.
- Work collaboratively with the Offices of Institutional Research, Enrollment Services Information Technology, Division of Information Technology, and the Office of Web and Digital Communications regarding technological, reporting, and analytical functions that will support and inform the work of the Office of Graduate Affairs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Three-to-five years of experience working in Information Technology or other related area such as Higher Education is required.
- Experience working with I.T. tools to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, and the previously demonstrated ability to develop and implement operational processes and perform continuous process improvements to ensure smooth operations.
- Proven ability to conceive, craft, and execute a robust communications campaign to prospective students.
- Must have prior experience working with CRM tools and/or Student Information Systems.
- Demonstrated ability, experience, and background in relational databases and data integrations; manipulation and management of various student systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills; ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a given time
- Desire personal traits: detail oriented; problem solving skills; analytical; innovative; ability to work independently and as a member of a team; ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in Oracle SQL required
- Knowledge of HTML required
- Student Information System: Experience with Ellucian Banner; Banner Admissions required
- Productivity Software: Facility with all Microsoft Office Suite applications; in particular, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook required
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software: Familiarity with Technolutions Slate strongly preferred
- Business Intelligence Reporting Platform: Familiarity with Cognos preferred
- Experience with enrollment management information and reporting systems strongly preferred. Previous experience overseeing the management of an external application service, operating document imaging management systems, and integrating student administrative system applications a strong plus.
- Experience with any of the following higher education-specific platforms a plus - Campus Labs; Banner ODS; Qualtrex; Degree Works; Sharepoint
- Experience with a learning management system a plus – BlackBoard preferred
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- All applicants are required to submit the names and contact information of three professional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend