Post-Doctoral Teaching Fellow
Job no: 493131
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies seeks one two-year renewable Teaching Fellow for the 2018-2019 academic year for untenured scholars in the humanities and social sciences who received or will receive their Ph.D. between June 2015 and June 2018. The Fellowship is open to all scholars, national and international, who meet application terms. International scholars must be legally able to work in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching Fellows teach 3 sections for the Department of the Core each semester, Fall and Spring, present research broadly relevant to the Core to faculty in the Core Seminar, and support faculty development for teaching in the Core. Core Fellows are expected to attend the University Seminar on Mission.
- The University Core courses are called Journey of Transformation and Christianity and Culture in Dialogue and are taught at the first and second year levels respectively. These courses emphasize close reading and discussion of classic texts from a variety of traditions and genres, formal and informal writing, and critical thinking. Their content addresses major questions raised by great texts with a focus on the Catholic intellectual tradition.
- Ph.D./ABD in humanities, social sciences or theology with a concentration in the Catholic intellectual tradition.
- Scholars who have received or will have received their Ph.D. between June of 2015 and June of 2018.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To apply for this Teaching Fellowship, please submit a cover letter, CV, three letters of recommendation (one of which directly addresses your teaching ability or performance), and teaching evaluations or evidence of teaching excellence to email@example.com; Please be sure to put your name in the subject line and place all documents in one file if possible.
- In your cover letter, please be sure to discuss how your knowledge and experience relate to the University Core courses, teaching, and promoting and enhancing the Catholic Mission of the University.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend