Administrative Assistant to Dean's Cabinet
Job no: 493124
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Administrative Assistant to Cabinet will work directly with the School of Medicine Cabinet Members (Associate and Assistant Deans) to support all aspects of their daily work routine and manage the daily operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a wide variety of support duties such as - printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and e-mail/messages; sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories, and composes and prepares letters relating to routine correspondence for the Cabinet members' signature. Receives, screens, answers questions and problem solves phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of complex questions with tact and diplomacy to reach an appropriate resolution. Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Cabinet members.
- Serves as the first point of contact to the Cabinet members and will be the principal liaison between them, other School and University administrators, staff, faculty, and the public, to ensure that projects' goals are understood, executed, achieved and communicated back to the Cabinet. Communicates the goals to appropriate constituents and reports back to the Cabinet on any major updates.
- Maintains internal calendars, including scheduling and, at many times, attending meetings and appointments with Cabinet members, coordinating speaking engagements and travel arrangements, exercising discretion in committing time and evaluating needs. Coordinates the Cabinet Members' office staff meetings, events, and special projects.
- Performs special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Associate's degree, or vocational or technical school degree is required.
- 3-5 years experience working in a growing, dynamic environment while supporting a large team of professionals.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to review expenses against budget, track a budget, and execute modest purchasing responsibilities.
- Problem-solving capability and the ability to work independently while adhering to guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend