Full-time, Tenure-Track faculty in Art and Design
Job no: 493123
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University invites applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position to teach and advise in the Art and Design program, specifically graphic and web design, within the College of Communication and the Arts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A three/three teaching load is required, as well as, appropriate service to the Center for Art, Art History and Design, the college and the university including committee work, student mentoring, and outreach activities as needed.
- Required qualifications include an earned M.F.A. or M.S. equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time teaching experience and a five-year professional history of significant client-based published works.
- The preferred candidate must be well versed in the practice and theory of the foundations of Graphic Design, in both print and screen-based media.
- Preference will be given to candidates who also have comprehension of emerging contemporary design trends in Game Design and UX Experience Design.
- Applicants must have working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud software, HTML, CSS with preference given to candidates who also have experience in motion–graphics, user-experience design, and coding a plus.
- In addition, candidates must demonstrate the potential to contribute to the cross-disciplinary nature of the center’s changing curriculum.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applicants are required to submit a letter of interest, curriculum sample syllabi or relevant teaching materials, statement of teaching philosophy, a Vitae, a list of three references who are aware of the candidate's teaching.
- Also a URL/ link should be provided of at least 20 digital images of the applicant’s work, and 20 examples of the work of students.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend