Administrative Assistant for the Office of Medical Education
Job no: 493122
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Medical Education (OME) position is to provide high level support to the Associate Dean and Director(s) of the Office of Medical Education for the School of Medicine.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs a wide variety of support duties such as - printing, faxing, mail/overnight packages, copying, filing, and e-mail/messages; sort and triage mail; maintain e-mail and other address directories; and compose and prepare letters relating to routine correspondence for the Associate Dean’s signature. Receives, screens, triages, answers questions and problem solves - phone calls and visitors, answering a variety of complex questions with tact and diplomacy to reach an appropriate resolution. Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Associate Dean.
- Provides coordination of special events and assists with interviewing logistics to maintain a professional reflection of medical education programs.
- Supports the Associate Dean in all functions of medical education programs to enhance collaborative efforts with participation in meetings and projects.
- Associate's degree, or vocational or technical school degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience supporting events, and/or training sessions as well as delivering logistical support to a varied group of constituent.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to track budgets and perform limited purchasing.
- Standard problem-solving capability in addition to the ability to work within general guidelines established by the manager.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please attach a cover letter and Resume/CV to your application.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend