Assistant Athletics Director, Development
Job no: 493113
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Direct the planning, implementation and administration of all annual fundraising activities for the Seton Hall University Pirate Blue Athletic Fund. Pirate Blue raises annual, charitable donations from alumni, parents and friends for the Seton Hall Athletics Department. Annual funds are raised through the targeting and solicitation of prospects via face-to-face solicitations, direct mail and telephone appeals, events, and a priority seating system that complements the Athletic Department’s season ticket marketing and sales.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate and solicit annual gifts to Pirate Blue. Develop fundraising strategies and design appeals for solicitation and recognition of donors. Create, plan and implement donor cultivation and solicitation strategies through completion of face-to-face solicitation, priority seating initiatives, direct mail, events, and marketing programs.
- Assist in planning and implementing the special events planned for Pirate Blue, while also administering game day operations and other duties as assigned by athletics.
- Manage annual priority seating giving program in terms of renewal cycles, requests for upgrades and additional seat requests as they pertain to annual Pirate Blue contributions for men’s basketball season tickets.
- Administer the donor pledge and acknowledgment system. Track progress toward goals and adverse trends through the preparation of reports and analysis. Make appropriate recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree; 3-5 years of successful fundraising experience, preferably in higher education.
- A working knowledge of college athletics is also desired.
- Master's Degree preferred
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend