Job no: 493108
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Budget Director reports to the Associate VP for Financial Planning and Budget and leads the Budget Office team that is responsible for the development and administration of all aspects of the University's annual budget and multi-year financial plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Key responsibilities include the development of the annual operating budget and multi-year financial plan, the development and maintenance of budget policies and procedures, the training of budget users.
- The Budget Director performs budget monitoring and analysis, investigates variances, develops forecasts, prepares reports, performs special projects and works with personnel throughout the University. He/she must exercise good judgment in the handling of confidential personnel and other financial information and maintain high standards of quality, accuracy, efficiency and timeliness in all work performed.
- Masters degree and at least 5 years of experience in accounting, financial, and/or budgeting for an institution of higher education.
- Current knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals and budgeting approaches.
- Willingness to support Seton Hall University's Mission Statement.
- High level of proficiency in the use of financial accounting systems (preferably Ellucian Banner), and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in responsibility center management budget models and implementation of RCM-based budgeting systems.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend