Secretary/Program Coordinator for Federal TRIO Upward Bound Program
Job no: 493103
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Categories: Administrator, Staff
The Upward Bound Program of Seton Hall University is a unique educational experience that concept combines State, Federal and Private funding to offer a variety of academic, social and cultural activities, as well as personal and career counseling for students who are first generation primarily in underdeveloped communities. The goal of the Upward Bound Program is to assist and prepare high school students from underdeveloped communities to aspire for post-secondary education and beyond.
The position requires a high-level, professional administrative assistant who performs a variety of tasks necessary to the efficiency of the Upward Bound Program. The administrative assistant reports to the Director of the Upward Bound Program and is instrumental in the planning and scheduling of meetings, conference appointments, workshops, seminars and open houses. The position is responsible for implementing and maintaining all office clerical procedures and policies. The administrative assistant supervises all work-study employees, maintains and submits respective time-sheets, and assists in coordinating schedules for Upward Bound tutors and federal work study students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the preparation of Upward Bound marketing materials. Prepares and maintains all project related records, reports and proposals. Maintains database of program participants compatible with the U.S. Department of Education Annual Performance Report. Assists team in the preparation of UB quarterly newsletter. Coordinates UB collaborative efforts with University departments. Assists Director, Associate Director and Coordinator with preparation of presentations, recruiting efforts and information dissemination.
- Assists with managing projects and routine office operations utilizing communication devices such as the telephone, mail, internet, email, fax, photocopier and scanner. Composes, prepares, receives, and disseminates all department correspondence, including processing large mailing projects. Provides customer service for the department and serves as primary point of contact for visitors, participants and university staff. Through the use of a variety of computer programs, effectively prepares and processes all department materials including spreadsheets, word processing, and desktop publishing materials. Undertakes routine writing and editing assignments.
- Maintains department and events calendars. Coordinates travel and expense reports. Serves as liaison for all campus departments and student organizations. Regularly schedules meetings and arranges programs, events and/or conferences including vendor and facilities coordination. Coordinates New Jersey Department of Agriculture Summer Foods Program during summer program. Prepares and conducts Microsoft Office Suite Workshop for UB participants.
- Ensures office equipment maintenance, and tracks and replenishes inventories. Prepares and processes all personnel action requests, purchase orders, pay forms and various other department/university forms. Assists Director in providing for the general office management of UB. Assists Director and Associate Director in conducting Program Audit.
- Oversees all department work-study employees. Processes all time-sheets and payroll forms. Assists in providing oversight for student tutors. Assists in coordinating of schedules for student tutors and processing of all related documentation.
- Other duties assigned.
- Must have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in secondary or higher education
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with culturally diverse students
- Experience with Federal TRIO Programs.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply between 09/21/2017 to 09/27/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend