Phase 1 Director
Job no: 493102
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Phase 1 Director will oversee the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and enhancement of the Phase 1 pre-clerkship curriculum in the School of Medicine. Phase 1 is comprised of a curriculum integrating content from the Biomedical, Behavioral, Social, and Health Systems Sciences, as described and illustrated on the “Unique Curriculum” page of the SOM’s website at http://www.shu.edu/medicine/unique-curriculum.cfm.
The Phase 1 Director will work very closely with Course Directors, both basic scientists and clinicians, to implement the school’s innovative curriculum.
The Phase 1 Director will interact with a wide variety of partners and collaborators, including students, basic science and clinical faculty, OME faculty and staff (for example, the Director of Instructional and Curricular Design, the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment, course coordinators, and others), administrators (including Departmental Chairs, Associate Dean of Faculty, and the Assistant Dean of Faculty, Resident, and Student Development), as well as partners in other SHU schools and the community.
The successful candidate will be heavily involved in the development and implementation of an innovative curriculum at a new School of Medicine. The SOM’s integrated curriculum incorporates content from the Biomedical, Behavioral, Social, and Health Systems Sciences. The School of Medicine will feature an integrated 3+1 curriculum that allows students to develop an individualized 4th year program following a core 3-year curriculum. Active learning techniques, including Team-Based and Problem-Based Learning will be utilized.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee coordination and integration of teaching sessions between faculty leads.
• Ensure teaching faculty are sufficiently developed and prepared for their teaching sessions, working in conjunction with course directors and faculty developers.
• Oversee course coordinators in their administrative support of all elements of the Phase 1 curriculum.
• Facilitate the assessment of and resultant actions/interventions and monitoring of the outcomes of the Phase 1 curriculum, as part of the SOM’s Curricular Outcomes Evaluation Process and the SOM’s Curriculum Management Plan.
• Lead and/or participate in educational Quality Improvement projects related to the Phase 1 curriculum.
• Interface with students, faculty, administration, community members, and others representing the Phase 1 curriculum.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in relevant area(s) including operations, team management, goal setting and monitoring, curriculum and/or faculty development is required.
- Use of technology, including productivity software, database management, audiovisual hardware
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and team skills
- Master’s Degree (disciplines such as Education, Social Work, and Business Administration preferred)
- Higher education experience, ideally in a School of Medicine
- Leadership experience
- Development of new programs
- Use of curriculum and learning management systems
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend