Secretary, Career Center
Job no: 493097
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Secretary position is responsible for scheduling appointments, answering phones and delivering high-quality customer service in a high-traffic professional environment. Additionally, the position supports all Career Center events and programs and assists with administrative tasks for 8 administrators. Enters data and assists employers with job postings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entering data into job/career management database and assisting staff use of the database; activate postings, check employer history. Respond to employer questions and assist recruiters and students using the system.
- Provides customer service and support to the University community, prospective students/families, employers and alumni in a high-traffic professional environment.
- Provides administrative support for career events and career related programs and initiatives of 8 administrators.
- Manages clerical aspects of student ID swiping/event attendance and evaluates attendance for staff members.
- Creates fliers and post cards with Career Center events and other information. Manages LED screen in reception area.
- The Secretary monitors workshop registrations and actual student attendance at workshops; creates emails to promote workshops to students and evaluates student attendance for staff members.
- High School Diploma or GED and 1-3 years of administrative or other related work experience is required.
- Strong technology and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in an office environment and excellent telephone and customer service skills required to interact with internal (students/faculty/administrators) and external (employer, parents) constituencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and to function effectively in a "high-traffic" environment
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply between 09/18/2017 to 09/25/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend