Assistant Athletic Trainer
Job no: 493091
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Assistant Athletic Trainer provides care, treatment, and rehabilitation of all athletic injuries sustained by all Seton Hall University student athletes. He/She will assist the Director of Sports Medicine in all facets of athletic training including but not limited to: direct athletic training duties and travel with assigned teams, coordinate the substance abuse program for athletics, oversee athletic training students, and help oversee the athletic training office when the Director of Sports Medicine is out of the office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct athletic training duties for various Seton Hall University athletic teams as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine. Duties include, but are not limited to: injury and illness evaluation, rehabilitation, practice coverage, game coverage, and travel to limit exposure to injury and to care for student-athletes. Assist the Director of Sports Medicine with daily clinic duties.
- Communicate with physicians, Director of Sports Medicine, athletic directors, coaches, strength and conditioning specialists, and all other support staff regarding athletic injuries, illness, and rehabilitation. Schedule medical appointments for student-athletes.
- Provide clinical instruction for Athletic Training Students in the School of Health and Medical Sciences Master of Science in Athletic Training program
- Coordinate student-athlete random drug testing, team drug testing, and scheduling of NCAA drug testing for Seton Hall University Athletics. Oversee the drug testing program, and contact student-athletes who have been selected for testing. Liaison between sport administrators and student-athletes regarding drug test results. Assist in drug testing of student-athletes.
- Assist Director of Sports Medicine with coordination of student work study staff, including hiring, training, and scheduling of student staff.
- Bachelor's Degree; 1-3 years of experience working in collegiate athletic training
- Master's Degree in Athletic Training or related field
Licenses and Certificates:
- National Athletic Trainer's Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) certification; New Jersey State Athletic trainer license; CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Often: Vision/hearing; Heavy lifting/carrying; Extensive standing/walking; Exposure to weather conditions and hazardous materials.
- Other: Stretching to athletes, demonstration of exercises, ambulation assistance to injured athletes.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend