Assistant Chair, Department of Physician Assistant
Job no: 493090
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) at Seton Hall University invites applications for a twelve-month, open rank faculty position in the Department of Physician Assistant beginning January 1, 2018.
The School of Health and Medical Sciences at Seton Hall University has a significant national presence in health science and interprofessional education. In response to the changing healthcare environment, the School has assumed a leadership role in offering high quality, innovative programs at the master’s and doctoral levels. The School of Health and Medical Sciences offers opportunities for collaborative research, teaching, and grantsmanship across a number of disciplines.
Salary and benefits are extremely competitive and include full tuition remission for spouses and eligible dependents. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of equal opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community. Seton Hall University encourages applications from individuals who represent a broad spectrum of backgrounds and, in particular, welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include curriculum mapping, assessment and design, monitoring student progress and coordinating remedial instruction related to the didactic curriculum, recruitment and coordination of adjunct instructors and guest lecturers, teaching on-campus and online graduate courses, conducting research, mentoring and advising graduate students, mentoring faculty, and participating on committees at the department, school, and university levels.
- Successful applicants will serve as the department’s Assistant Chair and principal faculty in the Master of Science in Physician Assistant program.
- NCCPA certification with New Jersey licensure or eligibility for NJ licensure.
- A doctoral degree is preferred, however, applicants with a Master’s degree will be seriously considered. Applicants who possess a Master’s degree will be expected to pursue a doctoral degree.
- DO/MD applicants must have New Jersey licensure or be eligible for NJ licensure and must be certified by an ABMS or AOA-approved specialty board.
- 3-5 years of experience in physician assistant and/or medical education.
- Previous experience in academic leadership and administration, curriculum assessment and design and program accreditation are highly desirable.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references. The cover letter should address the applicant’s qualifications for the position and his/her leadership and teaching philosophy. After the initial screening, candidates may be subsequently asked to supply additional materials. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend