Job no: 493080
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The position provides professional secretarial support for The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations and The Office of Planned Giving in the Development Department of University Advancement. Responsibilities include handling of high-level confidential correspondence, communications, directors' schedules and on-going project support. In this position, assistance is given to Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, Senior Director of Principal Gifts and Planned Giving, and their two respective Associate Directors. Incumbent is expected to support division wide needs, maintain industry and university standards in regard to confidentiality of donor, alumni and other constituent information and utilize discretion in the sharing of necessary constituent information in order to complete job functions. Incumbent interacts with high-level internal and external prospects and donors, as well as law firms and corporations, and internal University personnel on an on-going basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to phone and email inquiries, retrieve/open/distribute mail, draft Corporation and Foundation acknowledgement letters; keep information in Raisers Edge updated as needed, including entering a variety of action items and notes, including correspondence, changes of constituents' personal and address information and relationship information. Develop queries and provide reports from Raisers' Edge, as necessary. Prepare drafts of donor gratitude letters for managers' review. Responsible for sending out check requisitions/following through with Procurement on those requisitions.
- Maintain paperwork (i.e., receipts, statements, mileage, etc.) for submittal of monthly credit card and travel expense reports; upon gathering/review of paperwork, compile reports for final submission to Procurement after obtaining appropriate management approval(s) and signature(s)
- Periodically assist with ongoing university events, select and order menu for donor meetings, primarily through Gourmet Dining via PirateNet/forms, assist in preparing invite list, namely, provide contact information for donors who have given during the previous fiscal year and keep track of expenditures
- Prepare ongoing mailings, primarily for prospects and donors; set up general mail merges for donations; pull together lists for birthday cards and Thanksgiving cards to send to Benjamin Savage Society members; address those cards and have supervisors sign and then mail; update the attributes tab on Raisers Edge when they are deemed to be Benjamin Savage Society members.
- Organize and maintain Corporate and Foundation Relations and Planned Giving files on an on-going basis; maintain and order office supplies as needed.
- High School diploma and a minimum of 3 years administrative experience or other related area.
- Vocational training/certificate as administrative assistant.
- Intermediate to advanced keyboarding skills desired.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply from 09/27/2017 to 10/03/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend