Director of Alumni Events
Job no: 493076
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Director of Alumni Events will design and execute all of Alumni Relations’ events including the May Are One alumni gala, Golden Pirates reunion, Alumni involvement in Seton Hall (Homecoming) weekend, school and college signature events, the Young Alumni gala, the volunteer recognition dinner, and all of the remaining 100+ events throughout the year. The Director is responsible for planning, budgeting, managing and reviewing all these events. The creation of a Director of Alumni Events program enables Seton Hall to draw upon the expertise of a single event manager in the administration of these, thus allowing the rest of the Alumni Relations staff to concentrate on working with individuals and groups of alumni to engage them with Seton Hall.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all Alumni Relations events, including planning, budgeting, administering and reviewing. Oversee all logistics related to event management in concert with the goals and objectives of Alumni Relations, Advancement and campus partners.
- Ensure that alumni engagement and University messages are disseminated in the most efficient and effective ways through each event. Provide guidance and direction to staff and volunteers in support of programs and events.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- At least three to five years’ experience managing nonprofit events with a demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and volunteers of all levels.
- At least three years of experience managing budgets.
- Experience raising philanthropic funds through events is required.
- Host and/or attend events 1-2 nights a week and approximately 1 weekend each month.
- Understanding of, and support for, Seton Hall’s Catholic mission is required.
- General office environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide email and phone contact information for three professional references
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend