Secretary, Law School Career Services
Job no: 493075
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The incumbent in this position will serve as the primary customer service person who deals with all students who visit the Office of Career Services (OCS); is critical to the maintenance of our database which is utilized by students and employers; is responsible for the maintenance of manuals and handbooks used by students, as well as media equipment. Extensive contact with legal employers, alumni, government agencies and the judiciary, as well as students, in order to manage new on-line employment posting database.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Job postings- Administers and maintains employment database on Simplicity Software System of all job listings available to students and alumni. Maintains a system of hard copy job listings for use by students and alumni. Processes mailing to employers enlisting open positions. Contacts employers to follow up on the status of positions.
- Routinely assists counselors in scheduling appointments by phone and by email for students and alumni. Provides information to callers and directs all incoming calls to appropriate parties.
- Mock Interview Program - A program designed to assist students/alumni with interviewing technique. Arranges appointments for all students and alumni who seek to participate in the Mock Interview Program. Solely responsible for ensuring that video camera is ready for use at all times. Downloads interview information from camera to computer then burning an individual DVD for student/alumni.
- Externships - Creates Excel Spreadsheets; creates files for all students involved in externships and maintains an excel spreadsheet of same.
- Inventory - Responsible for stocking inventory. Order stationary, envelopes and all directories for Career Services library.
- High School diploma.
- 1-3 years of experience in higher education environment.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position, only Local 153 members may apply from 09/06/2017 to 09/12/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend