Alumni & Development Coordinator
Job no: 493074
Full time/Part time: Full-time
This position supports development operations, alumni relations, social media and marketing initiatives and continuing legal education programming.
This position also provides substantial assistance in the coordination of giving, events, programming and communication with all donors & constituents -- through the use of technology via alumni web-site, online alumni directory & community (Seton Hall Law Connect- which encompasses biographical information, event registrations, giving and payments, class news and notes and broadcast emails), email and social media, aimed at increasing Seton Hall Law School's donor/alumni engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development Operations: Coordinates and prioritizes day-to-day gift processing activities, enters daily receipt of law school gifts (including checks, cash, credit cards, stock, gifts-in-kind); completes gift transmittal forms for daily entries; generates gift reports; ensures donations received are recorded in Raiser's Edge.; creates and maintains biographical records for donors and prospects as needed; re-searches and maintains biographical information; assists in pledge reminder mailings, fall and spring solicitations/appeals, fall/spring Phonathon sessions.
- Alumni Relations and Event Management: Point of contact for the law school alumni base; oversees event registration for several major events including Annual Dinner Dance, Class Reunions, Annual Golf Outing and Red Mass; manages and track event logistics (including RSVP and attendee lists); accounts for and collects event payments (cash, check and credit cards and IDT's); attends alumni events and provides day-of support; coordinates large mailings; independently responds to mail, phone or email inquiries for assistance or information related to sponsorship/payments, ticket purchases and refunds.
- Communications and Marketing: Distributes monthly e-newsletters, and other e-mail blasts to all alumni or targeted lists; maintains online giving and event registration forms; conducts website management of Seton Hall Law Connect (online alumni community); contributes to and edits the Alumni and Development webpages for law school; uploads event photos onto Seton Hall Law School's Alumni Flickr website; assists in maintaining law school's social networking media presence.
- Prospect Research and Administrative Support: Provides direct administrative support to the Director of Development & Development Operations as well as the Director of Alumni Relations and Programming and other office staff ; researches prospects; prepares prospect briefings; manages various projects; schedules, manages and coordinates visits and meetings, with prospects, donors, volunteers and University staff; coordinates directors' calendars; manage sensitive information with the highest level of discretion and confidentiality; taking minutes of Alumni Council and Red Mass Committee meetings; drafts, proofreads, types, distributes and files correspondence and communications.
- High School diploma. 1-3 years of experience in higher education environment.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position, only Local 153 members may apply from 09/06/2017 to 09/12/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend