Associate Director, Donor Relations
Job no: 493073
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Associate Director of Donor Relations supports a comprehensive donor relations system that strategically aligns with the efforts of the Division of Advancement and the University as a whole, at the direction of the Senior Director of Stewardship and Donor Engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages scholarship stewardship program, in coordination with campus partners. Ensures that scholarship awards are accurately tracked and reported to donors in accordance with University policy and guidelines set by the Senior Director of Stewardship and Donor Engagement.
- Oversees the donor gift acknowledgment process including the daily acknowledgment letter system, and other weekly, monthly, annual and special print and electronic acknowledgments Researches and implements new and creative ways to thank and steward donors.
- Manages a variety of reporting functions to ensure that the University’s philanthropic supporters receive timely, high quality correspondence demonstrating the impact of their gifts. These include, but are not limited to, scholarship reports, endowment reports, and stewardship reports.
- Works closely with Development staff and others to report to donors on the specific use of
philanthropic gifts, to arrange meetings between donors and beneficiaries when appropriate, and to help celebrate gift impact.
- Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established constituent database to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Bachelors Degree required in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in higher education, non-profit or other related area is required.
- Position requires a valid driver’s license for occasional travel when necessary.
- The Associate should have development experience in a non-profit organization, with preference to those in higher education.
- General office environment
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide phone and email contact for at least 3 professional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend