Associate Dean for Operations and External Affairs
Job no: 493071
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) at Seton Hall University announces a search for an Associate Dean for Operations and External Affairs beginning November, 1 2017. This is a 12-month administrative appointment. Faculty appointment in an appropriate department within SHMS will be considered. The Associate Dean for Operations and External Affairs will report directly to the Senior Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
The School of Health and Medical Sciences has a significant national presence in health sciences and interprofessional education. In response to the changing healthcare needs of society, the School is a leader in the development of high quality, innovative programs at the master’s and doctoral levels. Salary and benefits are extremely competitive and include full tuition remission for eligible spouses and dependents.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of equal opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community. Seton Hall University encourages applications from individuals who represent a broad spectrum of backgrounds and welcomes applications from women and minority groups. Applicants must possess an understanding of, and a willingness to support, Seton Hall University’s Catholic mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Associate Dean for Operations and External Affairs will assist in planning, developing, evaluating, operating, and reporting activities associated with the academic programs in the health professions and personnel of the School. Also, the Associate Dean will assist in the planning, development, and operations of the School’s facilities including, but not limited to, development of new or reconfiguration of existing academic and research spaces and analysis of utilization of existing resources.
- The Associate Dean will be responsible for the development, analysis, and oversight of the School’s clinical education partners portfolio including, but not limited to, negotiation and collaboration with new and existing clinical partners, direct supervision of SHMS clinical education contracts processes and serving as the Office of the Dean liaison to the Directors of Clinical Education Committee.
- Finally, the Associate Dean will be responsible for the development, analysis and oversight of the School’s international clinical and research portfolio, including serving as the Office of the Dean liaison with international partners and development and execution of said affiliation agreements.
- Doctoral degree preferred, ABD with administrative experience will be considered. A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in higher education administration or other administrative experience
- Demonstration of exceptional skills in coordinating and working collaboratively with diverse groups to achieve complex objectives, exceptional communication skills, and prior administrative experience.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a degree in a health profession represented by one of the School’s programs
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
- To apply, forward a cover letter which addresses the requirements of the position, a statement of one’s leadership and educational philosophies, a current curriculum vita [with names and contact information of at least three (3) references]. All information will be held in confidence. References will not be contacted without prior notification to the candidate.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend