Assistant Professor for Political Science Department
Job no: 493063
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Political Science and Public Affairs at Seton Hall University is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track assistant professor position. The appointment begins in fall of 2018. A Ph.D. in Political Science or related field (e.g., Government) is required. In addition to the Ph.D., a J.D. would be helpful but is not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will be expected to teach courses in public law and American politics, such as Introduction to U.S. Law, Constitutional Law, Civil Liberties, The Judicial System, and U.S. Politics. The ability to teach research methods is a plus. The normal teaching load is three courses per semester. In addition, the successful applicant will be expected to advise pre-law students.
- A Ph.D. in Political Science or related field (e.g., Government)
- A J.D. would be helpful but is not required.
- Relevant published research and teaching interests should reflect innovative and discipline-specific topics. Candidates are encouraged to forward examples of current research and published papers.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Sample of Research or Other Published work
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend