Director, Administrative Services
Job no: 493062
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The primary purpose of the position is to manage and control the fiscal year budget for the Stillman School of Business. The job includes preparing paperwork for the faculty, staff, administrators, adjuncts, RAs and GAs according to the budget format from the Provost's office. The position also includes paying all of the bills for the Stillman School of Business and handling and reviewing all employee reimbursement forms. The position also supervises seven (7) secretaries and 3 to 5 student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, control and maintain the fiscal year budget for the Stillman School of Business. Prepare monthly reports on budget deviations and expected year-end results. Prepare multiple views of the budget for each budget cycle. Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the budgets and its accounts. Regularly audit the restricted and endowment accounts. Ensure that expenditures are within budget expectations.
- Prepare all Salary Change Forms (SCF) for faculty, administrators and staff as needed. Prepare an adjunct payment form for at least thirty (30) adjuncts each semester. Prepare a contract letter, award notice and an SCF for approximately twenty (20) RAs and GAs each semester. Prepare all paperwork for faculty and adjuncts teaching each of the three summer sessions. Pay all the bills for the Stillman School of Business. This consists of paying all the outside vendor invoices, paying outsiders for Sophomore and Senior assessment, reimbursing faculty and administrators for expenses incurred for trips, meetings and conferences. Inter-department payments are also prepared by completing IDT forms.
- Supervise seven secretaries and three to five student workers. This consists of frequent interaction and communication with all secretaries and student workers regarding questions, problems, reports assigned by the Dean's office and faculty projects. Manage daily assignments and projects for the student workers. Processes time-sheets for the secretaries and student workers on a bi-weekly basis.
- Building manager for the fifth and sixth floors of Jubilee Hall. Responsible for ensuring that approximately ninety offices are properly maintained. Work orders are completed for all needed repairs. Work with housekeeping for additional office and carpet cleaning. Supervise large projects such as the renovation of offices and moving requests. Also the fire warden for the fifth and sixth floors of Jubilee Hall. This consists of fixing yearly fire violations, being in charge of fire drills and maintaining a fire warden book of all employees, offices and contact numbers.
- Prepare extensive reports for AACSB accreditation each semester. This consists of a business school questionnaire in the Spring and a salary survey in the Fall. Prepare an AACSB yearly faculty report, which includes all periodicals, journals and papers presented and published at conferences. Maintain the integrity of the Faculty Profile database. Maintain the integrity of the Stillman Syllabus Repository. Prepare a yearly faculty and International Business travel report, with paper presentations, at the end of the fiscal year.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of Business Administration or other related experience required.
- Five (5) or more years of progressively complex experience in Business Administration may substitute for the degree.
- Prefer degree in Business
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend