Financial Aid Representative
Job no: 493057
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
To provide essential services to the Financial Aid Office as well as the Seton Hall community. This includes keeping current on policies and Federal and State regulations associated with responsibilities. The incumbent should fully understand their responsibility to each student, parent and member of the professional community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tracking, scanning data documents on a daily basis. Documents are data sensitive and required that confidential standards are maintained. Such documents are then sorted for filing. Additionally, prepare written correspondence, including missing information and award letters for mailing to student population.
- Maintain the Financial Aid inbox by reviewing, researching and responding to inquiries on a daily basis.
- Open and distribute office mail. Redistribute mail not belonging to incumbent's area to the appropriate sources.
- Answer telephone calls related and non related to responsibilities. Will resolve inquiry or turn over call to appropriate source for resolve. Additionally, follow-up with message left for return calls.
- Maintain responsible contact with students and families by way of rotating front counter responsibilities.
- Perform Federal verification for a specified group of students as determined by the supervisor.
- Ability to identify needs/concerns of others, determine potential solutions, resolve or redirect appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and use applied discretion. If additional knowledge is required, per case, must follow-up with the appropriate supervisor
- Ability to follow precedents and procedures and set priorities and organize work within general guidelines established by supervisor/manager.
- Attention to accurate data entry and filing skills
- Must be able to possess the ability to obtain knowledge of a variety of related computer systems
- Must possess good customer service skills as contact with students and families occurs regularly
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This is a Local 153 position; only Local 153 members may apply between 09/11/2017 to 09/15/2017.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend