Associate Dean Assessment & Accreditation
Job no: 493029
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University invites interested persons to apply for the position of Associate Dean of Assessment and Accreditation in the College of Education and Human Services. The position is responsible for management and oversight of the CAEP accreditation process, including the quality assurance system, and use of data for improving candidate learning and program quality. The associate dean provides leadership and essential knowledge within the college, across campus, and in the community to support teacher, school leader, and other school personnel programs. In addition, the position supports assessment goals for two other accredited programs, Marriage and Family Therapy (COAMFTE) and Counseling Psychology (APA). The associate dean prepares or assists in the preparation of all required internal assessment reports as well as those required by accrediting bodies, specialty professional associates, the federal government, and the New Jersey Department of Education.
Seton Hall University is located in South Orange, New Jersey, just 14 miles from New York City. It is the oldest Catholic diocesan institution of higher education in the United States, and the Carnegie Foundation classifies it as Doctoral/Professional. It is home to approximately 5,300 undergraduate and 4,400 graduate students from all 50 states and 64 foreign countries. An exciting and culturally diverse community, Seton Hall pursues academic excellence and ethical development in a collaborative environment, and prepares its students to be servant leaders in their professional and community lives.
Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, the College of Education and Human Services is one of Seton Hall's eight colleges and schools.The College of Education and Human Services offers programs at the bachelors, masters and doctoral levels and is noted for its nontraditional scheduling, its hands-on internships and its community involvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The college seeks an Associate Dean of Assessment and Accreditation to provide leadership in support of multiple accreditations through rich, dynamic, and contextually relevant assessments.
- The duties that this position are responsible for include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Oversee all aspects of CEHS Quality Assurance System.
- Design and lead annual data retreats.
- Oversee technology implementation related to assessment and accreditation.
- Oversee the work of the CAEP Liaisons and SPA writers.
- Call and chair assessment meetings.
- Complete annual reports related to program assessments.
- Represent CEHS at internal & external meetings.
- Complete the CAEP self-study, addendum and any necessary rejoinder.
- Candidates should have a doctorate in education or a relevant field.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic assessment system tools is required.
- The position requires a creative, motivating individual who can work at the macro and micro level of assessment to engage faculty in the continuous improvement process.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in accreditation and/or assessment is required.
- Experience as a faculty member at an institution of higher education in a program offered by the College of Education and Human Services.
- General office environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Applications should consist of a cover letter, resume or curriculum vitae, and two professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers. Applicants will be considered as they are submitted through September 30, 2018. Applications should be submitted via the university employment site at: http://www.shu.edu/offices/shu-job-opportunities.cfm For further information, contact Dr. Maureen Gillette, Dean, of the College of Education and Human Services at email@example.com
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend