Assistant/Associate/Full Professor: Basic Sciences
Job no: 493027
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The newly established Seton Hall-Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine invites applications for multiple open rank positions in basic science disciplines including: anatomy/histology, biochemistry, cell biology/genetics/molecular biology, immunology/infectious diseases, neurosciences, physiology and pharmacology. Successful candidates will join a cohort of medical educators in the Department of Medical Sciences. Faculty appointments will be made at the appropriate level (assistant, associate, full) based on the candidate’s previous experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty members will participate in the planning, direction and implementation of the School of Medicine’s medical education program, which will feature an integrated 3+1 curriculum that allows students to develop an individualized 4th year program following a core 3-year curriculum.
- Active learning techniques, including Team-Based and Problem-Based Learning will be utilized. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide service to the School of Medicine and professional communities, to assist in LCME accreditation activities, and to engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD, DO) with specialization in a basic science field listed above
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in an undergraduate medical education (UME) and/or other health science settings
- Demonstrated scholarship (e.g., presentations, publications, patents, extramural grant-funding, etc.) in a relevant professional field
- Documented ability to mentor and motivate students and peers
- Experience in Team-Based, Problem-Based or Case-Based Learning
- Demonstrated ability in leading the development and implementation of courses integrating biomedical, social, population health and behavioral sciences in a UME setting
- Skills necessary to contribute to the establishment and formation of a Department of Medical Sciences at a developing allopathic medical school
- Experience in LCME accreditation activities and development of new medical schools
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The Seton Hall-Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine will be located in Nutley, New Jersey, approximately 10 miles west of New York City. For more information about the School of Medicine, please visit our website at: http://www.shu.edu/medicine/
- Individuals wishing to apply should submit an application, including a cover letter, statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, and list of professional references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend