Job no: 493018
Full time/Part time: Part-time
Location: South Orange
The Cheerleading Head Coach duties include but are not limited to: oversee the participation of the team at all activities and events; create a selection process to finalize members of the cheerleading squad; demonstrate techniques for completing choreographed cheer performances; communicate with the Assistant AD/Marketing to set practice schedules; arrange transportation for the cheerleading squad; conduct practices in a professional and organized manner; develop guidelines for dress and routines that are consistent with SHU’s philosophy; and follow the guidelines established for cheerleading by the AACCA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explains and demonstrates techniques and methods of regulating movement of body to musical or rhythmic accompaniment
- Choreographs and directs cheer performance.
- Explains and demonstrates principles, techniques, and methods of regulating movement of body, hands, or feet to achieve proficiency in movement.
- Plans physical education program to promote development of student's physical attributes.
- Explains and enforces safety rules and regulations
- Establish and develop relationships with appropriate high school and junior college programs for public relations purposes, thus positioning the university nationally.
- Coordinate publicity for spirit squad activities, notifying proper staff member of all activities scheduled by the group.
- Ensure that program is cost effective and funds are managed wisely.
- Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of approved fund-raising activities.
- Participate in public relations activities, as approved, including: granting interviews with newspaper, radio and television media, attending press conferences and making public appearances. Consult with assigned Media Services staff regarding game preparations.
- Represent the department at professional, civic, charitable and alumni events. Consult with Compliance office staff to evaluate each request to ensure compliance with NCAA regulations.
- Bachelor's degree; at least one year's experience as a cheerleading coach/instructor or competitive cheerleader
Licenses and Certificates:
- Vision/hearing- often; Heavy lifting/carrying- occasionally; Extensive standing/walking- often; Exposure to weather conditions- occasionally.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend