Health Systems Science Faculty for the School of Medicine
Job no: 492980
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The newly established Seton Hall-Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine invites applications for an open rank position in the Department of Medical Sciences and the relevant clinical department, as appropriate, with a content focus on Health Systems Science. This includes Population Health, healthcare policy, Determinants of Health, Public Health, Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Quality Improvement/Patient Safety, and/or Health Informatics.
Faculty appointment will be made at the appropriate level (assistant, associate, full) and Department based on the candidate’s previous experience, training, and practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The successful faculty member will participate in the planning, direction and implementation of the School of Medicine’s medical education program – an integrated curriculum incorporating content from the Biomedical, Behavioral, Social, and Health Systems sciences. This faculty position will be critical in linking the school’s vision to the educational program.
- Active learning techniques, including Team-Based and Problem-Based Learning will be utilized. The successful candidate will also be expected to provide service to the School of Medicine and professional communities, to assist in LCME accreditation activities, and to engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.
- The faculty member in this position will also have the opportunity to create and/or assist the SOM in its development of a Health Services Research enterprise, as well as involvement within the newly expanded Hackensack Meridian Health Network, and relevant experience will be an asset.
- Terminal degree (PhD, MD, DO) with specialization/experience in relevant area(s) listed above
- Evidence of excellence in teaching in an undergraduate medical education (UME) and/or other health science settings
- Demonstrated scholarship (e.g., presentations, publications, patents, extramural grant-funding, etc.) in a relevant professional field
- Documented ability to mentor and motivate students and peers
- Experience in active learning including Team-Based, Problem-Based or Case-Based Learning
- Demonstrated ability in leading the development and implementation of courses integrating Biomedical, Behavioral, Social, and Health Systems sciences in a UME or other health education setting
- Experience in LCME accreditation activities and development of new medical schools
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend