Director of Systems Support
Job no: 492966
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Director of Systems Support is responsible for maintaining the health and upkeep of all law school network infrastructure, including cloud resources. This includes all systems maintenance, updates, patches, backups, upgrades and monitoring necessary to keep all law school system functioning. The position will also assist the Dean of IT in defining new project objectives, researching alternative strategies, setting timelines, performing risks analysis, performing installations and configurations, and coordinating the maintenance of projects after they are completed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Systems Management, Maintenance, Upkeep and Monitoring
- The Director of Systems Support shall be responsible for maintaining the health and upkeep of all law school network infrastructure, including cloud resources. This includes but is not limited to datacenter physical hardware management, VMware management, Microsoft server management on stand alone, virtual or cloud platforms, Active Directory and AD policy management, DNS management, DHCP management, patch management, backups, IP and router management, switch management and cloud services management including Azure and AWS. The Director will ensure that all systems are functional and available at all times, and conform with the best practices of the IT industry.
Project Planning, Research, Development, Management, Organization and Coordination
- The Director will assist the Dean of IT in the planning and implementation of all IT projects for the Division of Legal Computing. When new projects are initiated, the Director will perform detailed analysis of the project's particulars including objective, scope, system requirements, security risks, timelines, deadlines, and milestones. The Director will research each portion of the project including any and all alternatives, analyze the results and communicate these findings to the Dean of IT. Once discussed and agreed upon, the Dean of IT and the Director will develop a strategic plan for the implementation of the finalized project including all intermediary steps towards its installation and maintenance.
- Once a project has been identified, agreed upon, researched, budgeted and planned, the Director will organize, coordinate and manage the installation of the project from beginning to end. Essentially the Director will become the "point person" for the project, overseeing all aspects of its installation, configuration, testing and final implementation.
- As the Director is the point person for each project, s/he will perform or manage the performance of the installation and configuration of each projects and maintain installed products until they are retired. The Director will continually monitor progress of installation tasks, test results, track project status and prepare management and update reports for the Dean of IT. The Director will also continually monitor the performance of installed projects until "end of life", reporting to the Dean of IT as to their current status and usefulness as an installed resource.
- At times the Director will be required to provide specialized support of high importance projects throughout the law school. These projects or products may require a "hands on" approach to their installation, configuration and maintenance and require a high degree of end user contact. The Director will be responsible for the support of these specialized projects and continually report their progress and status to the Dean of IT.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 or more years of Network Infrastructure experience, especially VMware, Microsoft Server and router management.
- 3 years or more of network management experience, especially with VMware, Microsoft Server management and support, AD management and router management.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend