Instructor of Art and Design
Job no: 492915
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Seton Hall University invites applications for a one year full-time, faculty position to teach in the Art and Design program, specifically graphic and web design, within the College of Communication and the Arts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A four/four teaching load is required, as well as, appropriate service to the Center for Art, Art History and Design, the college and the university.
- Required qualifications include an earned M.F.A. or M.S. equivalent with a minimum of two years full-time teaching experience and a two year professional history of significant client-based published works.
- The preferred candidate must be well versed in the foundations of Graphic Design, Web Design and Typography as well as, in the emerging contemporary design trends in Game Design and UX Experience Design.
- Applicants must have full knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud software with user-experience and coding a plus. In addition, candidates must demonstrate the potential to contribute to the cross-disciplinary nature of the center’s changing curriculum.
- General Office Environment and activity typical for design environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Applicants are required to submit a letter of interest, courses taught and associated syllabi, statement of teaching philosophy, a list of three references who have current experience with the candidate's teaching and, at least 20 digital images of the applicants work, and 15 examples of their students' work--on either CD or via URL.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend