Reference Librarian (Term Position)
Job no: 492882
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Term Reference Librarian will assist in areas of reference, information literacy instruction and website content development for a period of 9 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Providing general reference assistance at the reference desk (as well as by chat, email and individual reference consultations by appointment); conducting information literacy instruction sessions; participating in the development of the Library's website and subject guides, including updating information and preparing new content; contributing to special projects; other duties as assigned.
- A Masters of Library and Information Science or equivalent degree from an ALA-accredited institution; experience in public service, reference, and information literacy instruction in an academic library setting; strong inter-personal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced degree or significant coursework in the humanities or social sciences; cataloging experience, knowledge of additional language (e.g., Italian, French, Spanish, Hebrew); experience with OCLC's Worldshare Management Services, EBSCO Discovery Service or Springshare's software platform; experience with web-based publishing (e.g., blogs, newsletters, and social media; experience with data management or assessment (using Excel)
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please provide 3 references.
- The person in this position is required to perform his or her duties at all Seton Hall University locations and facilities, as assigned.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend