Registrar/Bursar for the Law School
Job no: 492793
Full time/Part time: Full-time
The Registrar and Bursar provides overall direction, planning and control of all records within the law school. Implements the academic regulations and policies governing the student information system. Monitors registration, examinations and graduation as well as all aspects of financial records of student accounts. Acts as liaison between the students and the administration. Disseminates information to deans, faculty members, administrators and staff as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible in overseeing all aspects of student financial accounts, including tuition, loans, grants, scholarships, and tuition reimbursement. Handle cashiering of tuition payment, seat deposits, late grades fines for faculty and all other funds including Alumni contributions and grants. Transfer funds for students visiting at another institution under the Consortium Agreement. Monitor outstanding balances and refer delinquent accounts to the University Collections Manager. Process refunds for all students with credit balances. Reconcile private loan and emergency loan accounts.
- Direct daily operations of the office including maintenance of student enrollment records and transcripts. Evaluate and respond to records requests for students and alumni. Requesting parties include loan servicing agencies, government officials, insurance companies as well as other departments. Certify all loan deferments for current students on Financial Aid.
- Plan and conduct registration periods for three semesters: Fall, Spring and Summer. Prepare Web based calendars for registration which control the time and registration dates for all students. Provide registration counseling such as course selection and payment schedule. Monitor student enrollment and attrition as well as wait lists for all courses. Evaluate transfer students' records. Discuss course selections with transfer and visiting students.
- Schedule and administer all in-classroom examinations. Assist students with take-home exams on-line using Securexam software. Contact professors with any and all discrepancies during scheduled examinations. Monitor examination security procedures which involve other department, i.e., faculty secretaries, photo copying operator and Director of Academic Office Manager. Hire and supervise examination proctors. Organize rescheduled examinations under the Conflict Policy. Arrange for special accommodations for students with disabilities, i.e., separate testing room and additional time. Administer make-up examinations.
- Coordinate the collection and recording of senior grades and issues certification of degree candidates. Order academic attire for approximately 55 faculty and 400 students as well as diplomas to be awarded at graduation. Review senior records to insure that all requirements have been met. Input grades as well as averages on student manual records each semester. Assist Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs & Policy in processing class ranks and in determining honors for graduation.
- Record all withdrawals, dismissals, and leave of absence on the student information system in order to provide accurate data to all parties including but not limited to loan servicing agencies. Determine institution charges and initiate processing of Title IV Return.
- Bachelor's degree. 1-3 years experience in higher education.
- General Office Environment
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend