Faculty for the School of Health and Medical Sciences
Job no: 492791
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
Due to program success and expansion, the School of Health and Medical Sciences (SHMS) at Seton Hall University invites qualified individuals to apply for an open-rank, twelve-month faculty position in the Department of Physician Assistant beginning July 1, 2017.
The School of Health and Medical Sciences at Seton Hall University has a significant national presence in health science education. In response to a changing healthcare environment, the School has assumed a leadership role in offering high quality, innovative programs at the master's and doctoral levels. The School of Health and Medical Sciences offers opportunities for collaborative research, teaching, and grantsmanship across a number of disciplines.
Salary and benefits are extremely competitive and include full tuition remission for spouses and eligible dependents. Rank and salary are commensurate with experience.
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of equal opportunity and affirmative action (EEO/AA) to achieve our objectives of creating and supporting a diverse racial, ethnic and cultural community. Seton Hall University encourages applications from individuals who represent a broad spectrum of backgrounds and, in particular, welcomes applications from women and minority groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include teaching, advising, mentoring students, conducting their own research, mentoring student research, assisting with the recruitment of students, clinical sites and preceptors, service on committees at the department, school, and university levels as appointed, assisting with the collection and analysis of data as necessary for quality improvement and accreditation maintenance, and service to the university, community, and profession.
- Qualifications include: licensure or eligibility for New Jersey licensure as a physician assistant or physician, NCCPA or ABMS board certification, 3 or more years of clinical experience, 1-2 years of physician assistant or medical education experience.
- A doctoral degree is preferred, however, strong applicants with a Master's degree will be seriously considered. Applicants who possess a Master's degree will be expected to pursue a doctoral degree.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Rank and salary are commensurate with experience.
- Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the names, phone numbers and email addresses of three references. The cover letter should address the applicant's qualifications for the position and his/her philosophy for achieving specific goals regarding student mentorship, teaching and scholarship. After the initial screening, candidates may be subsequently asked to supply additional materials.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend