Faculty Associate, Mathematics
Job no: 492783
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Seton Hall University invites applications for a full-time faculty associate position in mathematics to start in August 2017. The Department offers undergraduate majors in Computer Science and in Mathematics, minors in both fields, and an undergraduate and graduate certificate program (with the Department of Psychology) in Data Visualization and Analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities will include lower level undergraduate mathematics courses. Specifically teaching Developmental Mathematics, College Algebra, and Finite Math & Applied Calculus for Business.
- Participate in University, College of Arts & Science, and Departmental activities including our annual Math Competition in November
- Applicants must understand and be willing to support the Seton Hall University Catholic mission.
- Masters in Mathematics, Math Education or related fields.
- Teaching experience in secondary and/or postsecondary level mathematics is highly desired.
- Have a strong interest in teaching undergraduates mathematics from Developmental Math – Algebra up through Calculus.
- Proficiency in using mathematical software and technology is highly desired.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy, and three letters of reference.
- Questions about responsibilities and the program may be addressed to Dr. Wendiann Sethi, Director of Developmental Mathematics, email@example.com
- Other questions can be directed to Dr. Manfred Minimair, Chairman for Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend