Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Job no: 492731
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Seton Hall University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of assistant professor in computer science to start in August 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Department offers undergraduate majors in Computer Science and in Mathematics, minors in both fields, and an undergraduate and graduate certificate program (with the Department of Psychology) in Data Visualization and Analysis.
- Teaching responsibilities will include computer science courses at all undergraduate levels. Direction of undergraduate projects or research is expected. Ph.D. must be completed by the start of employment.
- Teaching experience and/or a record of publication is highly advantageous. The ability to teach related or cross-listed mathematics courses is a plus. Applicants must understand and be willing to support the Seton Hall University Catholic mission.
- A PhD in Computer Science is required, and the successful applicant will have a strong interest and a proven track record in the design and implementation of software. While all areas of Computer Science will be considered, applicants working in programming languages, databases, software engineering, operating systems, artificial intelligence, big data, data mining, networking, mobile programming, human-computer interfaces, security or distributed programming are especially encouraged.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Send a letter of application, curriculum vitae and three letters of reference to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as received. Questions about the Computer Science program may be addressed to Dr. Thomas Marlowe (Thomas.Marlowe@shu.edu) or Dr. Marco T. Morazán (Marco.Morazan@shu.edu), Computer Science search committee. Other questions can be directed to Dr. Manfred Minimair (firstname.lastname@example.org). Seton Hall is an AA/EEE Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend