Assistant Professor of Social Work, MSW Program
Job no: 492729
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Seton Hall University MSW Program is seeking applicants for two positions: a tenure track Assistant Professor and, pending administrative approval and funding, a Lecturer/Faculty Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach and mentor students from widely varied and diverse cultural backgrounds
- Conduct scholarship appropriate to rank
- Provide service to the Program, Department, College, and University including advisement
- Participate in Program, Department, College, and University governance activities
- The Lecturer/Faculty Associate position may be required to serve in the Field Office
- Other related duties as assigned or needed
- Applicants must possess an MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program, and have earned a Doctorate in social work or a related field. These positions will require teaching both traditional and online classes.
- Applicants should have a minimum of two years of post-Master's direct practice experience. Applicants will teach in accordance with program needs, however, preference will be given to applicants with backgrounds in immigration/refugee social work, school social work, and/or behavioral health.
Licenses and Certificates:
- Applicants must be licensable in the state of New Jersey.
- General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Candidates should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vita, a writing sample, and the names of three persons who can provide professional references.
- Application review begins immediately and will continue until position is filled. Apply at http://www.shu.edu/human-resources/employment/index.cfm.
- Direct all application questions to: Dr. Matthew Corrigan, Associate Professor, (973) 761-9028, email@example.com.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend