Assistant Professor, Religious Studies
Job no: 492726
Full time/Part time: Full-time
Location: South Orange
The Department of Religion is seeking to fill a one-year assistant professor position, commencing in the Fall 2017 semester, in the area of Asian Religion, with a focus on Hinduism and/or Buddhism. Highly desirable is the ability to draw religious, theological, and ethical comparisons with Christian belief and practice, specifically Catholicism. This is a one-year, non-renewable position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities consists of a 4/4 load (24 credits), with at least 6 credits per semester assigned to teaching the Department's introductory course in world religions.
- Additional course assignments to be arranged in consultation with the department chair and the specific needs of the Department's curricular area in comparative religions. Other responsibilities include attending and participating in departmental meetings and committees as necessary.
- Active research agenda in Asian religions and/or comparative theology highly desirable.
- Ph.D. or equivalent in Asian Religions and/or Comparative Theology with specialization in Hinduism/Buddhism and Christianity
- General office environment
- Classroom teaching
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Please include your statement of teaching philosophy in your cover letter for the position. Also, in your cover letter, please indicate your active areas of research, e.g., current publication projects.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend